No announcement yet.

'Fusion' cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how about all cards being "Marvel" based with fusion being the multi-chip solution, HMMM?
    jim
    System 1:
    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
    Epox 8K7A
    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
    SBLIVE 5.1
    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
    3Com Hardware Modem
    Teac 20/10/40 burner
    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

My understanding is (I might be wrong) that anything upwards of a Pentium 3 "whatever" has so much processing power that a hardware video codec is no longer neccesarry. Therefore, there is no more need for new Marvels, because the kind of video compression they deliver can be attained by the basic sytem which runs the G800 (an Athlon or Pentium at least in the 800MHZ range by the time it is released).
      Rob, a great fan of the Aerobed

Comment

Just wait until September 11th. You will find out all the information from Matrox then...

Comment

You guys need to take your thinking on the Fusion onto another track. The truth is out there

Comment

Fusion

1. a fusing or melting together
            2. a) the union of different things by or as if by melting; blending; coalition b) the state or fact of being so united
            3. anything made by fusing

Joel
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

which 'another' direction Ant? other than dualchip? other than a multi-media enhanced board?

if fusion would be the dualchip, please someone explain the Fusion G450 to me

That would be targeted for gamers, but so is the G800!

even if a hardware codec is not needed any mroe, that wouldn't mean a special version of the board with multi-media enhanved capabilities is out of the question! So I still stick to fusion being a card with video-input connectors and maybe some extra other stuff..

Comment

I am with dZeus in this; "Fusion" would be the lamest name for a dual chip solution that would have the 2 chips apart. What's fused in that?
                "Fusion", in my opinion, refers to merger of product lines so that every card will have Marvel-type features.

:
                B

Comment

Teehee
                  dZ - Another track means a totally different direction than you are going with your guesses. You're on a track headed North, when you should be going South...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 06 August 2000).]
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

If we were playing the game 'Hot or Cold' I would say that you two are very cold.

Joel

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.

Comment

I guess I said this before, but since the G450 doesn't have an RR-G connector and the RR-G is by now the older add-on board for the Gx00 series, the Fushion cards may be the RR-G's for the G450 and G800, hence the 2 Fushions out there.

Also because the G800 is a totally different card compared to the G450 (a souped up, G400), it would stand to believe the Fushions are the G450 and G800 dedicated "RR-G's".

There's another thought there then: As the G450 doesn't seem to have any connectors on the PCB, the fushing together of the videocard and this Fushion might be outside the PC, on the video-out or DVI connector.

Ofcourse, I could be totally wrong and even colder than everyone upstairs

Jord.
                      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Your right.

You are "even colder than everyone upstairs".

Joel

www.lp.org

Comment

Kruzin: Surely a track going South would be the same track as going North but going the opposite way? So a different track might be one going east, or south-west maybe...

And a completely different direction would be the removal of features, unintegration and would be called Fission...

And what's all this about no RRG support on the F-series? No Rainbow Runner G support would be a rather poor turn around from Matrox...

Paul.

<a href="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.mccarroll/hosted/arena">The Pace3000 Arena</a>
                          Meet Jasmine.
                          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I'm in no hurry to see the G800 ship. The longer they take, the longer I get to enjoy having the finest 3D card Matrox has to offer.
                            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

"You are even colder than everyone upstairs"

Hmm that must be cold fusion

Comment

How about EDRAM? That stuff is pretty 'fused'...

Comment

Working...
                                X