No announcement yet.

'Fusion' cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you talking about the embeded memory like that Finnish Vaporware?? BitBoysOy (Oy as in Jiddish )

Mark F.

------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
    and burped out a movie
    Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
    --------------------------------------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
    and burped out a movie

Comment

That's it. If they were predicting Jan2000 release date, then I'd expect some real cards by other companies coming out with it soon...

Comment

You guys (discounting all BBz ) are just too funny! You're all colder than an eskimo's cold bits!

Matrox should be listening to this thread to get ideas for their G1600!!

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

What's happening on September 11th?
          P3 500 @ 600
          256MB PC133 RAM
          64MB PC100 RAM
          Primary: Gateway EV700 17"
          Secondary: AcerView 54eL 15"
          WinXP Professional Build 2600 (with Plus!, it's prettified!)
          G400 MAX (@ 171, 228)
          Monster Sound MX400
          512/128 DSL from SMC EZ Card
          Samsung 8X DVD-ROM
          ASUS P3B-F
          Logitech X1 Speakers
          Logitech Cordless Mouse SE
          Logitech Internet Keyboard
          19.1G IBM 60GXP
          8.4G Seagate
          1.57G Fujitsu

Comment

Now I know it!!!!

it's a board which merges several different kind of videocard chips into one board, as the Bitchin' Fast did...

I think it uses the ATI Radeon for watching DVD's, the 3Dfx VSA-100 for FSAA and the G800 core for the 3D and 2D graphics

Comment

seems like I am right!

look at what I found on my doorsteps just 5 minutes ago:

It had a note on it which said: CONGRATULATIONS! (please don't tell others about it)

I am still testing it.... in Q3A it is so fast, I can see what others will do before they actually do it, so that I can win every match! Now I know why Matrox doesn't want to leak info like this!

Comment

Option two: The Fusion boards are nothing more than (highspeed) RAM upgrade boards

Just why they would need drivers is beyond me though

Edit: Or the G450 and G800 counterparts with some new Fast Cycle RAM (the FCRAM, dZeus found in the pdpages.dll)/Edit

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 07 August 2000).]
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

Allright, it's so fast that when we finally get it, we've already had it for two years.
                  Imagine that, you've had a card for two years and it's still the fastest.

[edit]This message is edited from the future. I have the G800 Phushion now and it's so fast I got to the end of time and started afresh. Just proves that time is circular.[/edit]

Yes I see what you mean. I'm even able to comment your comment before you posted it. Spectacular.

[This message has been edited by Sisyfos (edited 07 August 2000).]
                  P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
                  Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

You know, because of this card, I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO POST THAT!

this really kicks ass!!!!

Comment

If the chips on the Fusions are going to be F450s and F800s rather than G series, that suggests there is going to be a subtle difference.

ATI couldnt get their dual chip MAXX to work on Win2000 due to problems with 2000 not recognising the second chip. Im guessing that the F series will be the same as the G series, but with some sort of internal change to get around this problem.

Also, what happened to those 'rumors' of video cards that also had a sound card built in. (fusion?)

That would be a good feature for the OEM market, which is what Matrox is all about

Ali

Comment

oh my god, are we talking on-die memory?!?
                        System 1:
                        AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                        Epox 8K7A
                        2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                        an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                        SBLIVE 5.1
                        Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                        IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                        Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                        3Com Hardware Modem
                        Teac 20/10/40 burner
                        Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Ok, we found a F450 in the drivers. This means this technology can be implemented with a 450 chip This means the "fusion feature" MUST be implemented at a board level. Here's my next guess (this is fun):

It's impracticle to have sockets to plug in a 2nd chip. You'd also have to plug in a 2nd set of ram too, and all these sockets take up PCB space, making the thing cost too much.. especially since most people would either a) get a single board an only use that or b) get a double board right away.

Short of using two heads to do 1 purpose, the only way I can think to have a fusion product would be a seperate add-in card to do SLI-like work. IE, you buy a G450, and if you want more power, you also buy a F450. Or a G800, and a F800.

Comment

I'll post the info here, so that Kruzin can delete the other thread (sorry):

my latest guess is:

the F450 Fusion will be a version of that board with FCRAM in stead of DDR SGRAM/SDRAM, and the F800 Fusion Plus will be a version with DDR FCRAM, where the G800 will use SGRAM or DDR SGRAM?

Maybe the fusion is a dualboard after all, but also using FCRAM, as stated above? but a dualchip G450 doesn't make sense, does it!?!?

Comment

Just because the F450 name exists in the drivers doesn't mean that it'll retail. It's quite possible M was using the 450 as a test until the G800 chip became available..

Comment

In the PDPages.dll there's mention of the following files that give some food for thoughts as well: MGAXDD.DRV, MGAPDX64.VXD, MGAPDX64.DRV

These drivers aren't in the Powerdesk 6.01 package. So what are they? 64bit drivers? For Windows 2k or ME maybe?

Or dual 32bit drivers for a dual GPU? ...

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 07 August 2000).]
                                Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                                X