No announcement yet.

'Fusion' cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• actually t buffer is something completely different again, but i'm going to lunch for 30 mins, so if your interested I will outline later (I would lose any sleep over it though, it will probably never see the light of day)

Talk to you a little later
    P3 700Mhz cB0 stepping, G400MAX,Abit BE6-2 RV Bios,Quantum KX 7200 13Gig,256Mb 100SDram,Asuscom ISDN,SCSI 100Mb zip int,SB Live Value,Tosh 6702, HP 9110i.

Comment

• Btw, for everyone wondering what the Orion is: Matrox Imaging releases Matrox Orion, a low-cost color/monochrome AGP frame grabber with integrated display

Read more about it in Matrox Orion

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

• go ahead and gimme some insight ...

I always thought the T-Buffer would be used for time accumulation and hence could produce several time slices in the background to be used for generating some sort of averaged result.

L8r,
        Maggi
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

• BTW Nvidia began to work on its audio chip. I think in the 2001-2002 multimedia systems will really need hardware AC-3 (Dolby Digital) decoding, so maybe Fusion means fusion of video and sound?

At first (I posted it a month ago) I thought, that F means F(cram), but as I understand all 800 models will have FCRAM only (all other types of memory will be too slow). If its not the case, than it can be (s)G(ram)800 and F(cram)800.

Comment

• Ok... I tried to keep quiet and not break any NDa, but THAT'S IT. Maxrox new F series is simply a Classic Matrox Milenium (their biggest success so far) with Maggi's soFt - Fsb.

More serously, I'd go fo rthe bitboys concept theory, laugh at them as much as you want, the yinvented EMBM and it was Matrox who used it, so why not the rest ?
            The Bitbuys chip was supposed to have 9MB of onchip ram... Look for those 'old' articles...

------------------
            Cloudy
            Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 400@75Mhz, 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
            2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH (Oc to 111.1%).
            Cloudy
            Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 450 (400@75Mhz), 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
            2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH.

Comment

• Alright, thanks Jorden. So the Orion is out of the question.. and the name doesn't tell anything about the product itself.

Waiting for people under NDA's to confirm or deny our ideas. Ant, Joel, Greebe... come on, gives us a clue, or at least say that you won't, so that we can stop speculating

=Storm=
              P60-120Thz, 256Tb ram, 27.5Pb 225000 RPM HD, 142" .001 dot pitch monitor @ 30720x23040x64, Matrox G24000 w/512Gb, SB UltraLive2, DX120 beta, Win2112 SP4. Hey -- beta testers have their advantages...

Comment

• It's a Fusion between a line in the driver and people waisting their time trying to find what it means... the final product will be called a " I have no life "

You guys are too funny

Comment

• I won't devulge any info what so ever on this card, sorry.
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

• THIS, he said "this" like he was looking at one e'n as he spoke!
                    IYEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
                    chuck
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

• You all better break out the winter coats before someone freezes to death.

Joel
                      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

• what are the purposes of these cards (this is what i think atleast)
                        G450: is a business card, a well rounded card for an occasional gamer.
                        G800: for the high end gamer.

if it was a fusion of a sound chip that would make sense for the G450, because it would be something a mid-range buyer wouldn't care to much about.
                        but it doesn't make sense for a high-range comsumer (G800) to get built in sound chip, because we know better .

it could be a fusion of faster memory, but why would you put this (DDR)FCRAM onto the G450 when, a) it's already got DDRram on it and b) it's slower then a G400max so it wouldn't need that extra bandwidth

a dual-chip board? it would be good for the G800 giving even extra power to the high-end user, but at an extreme price (i don't think that's the Matrox way) and if a G450 had 2 chips, in terms of gaming it would give the performance of less then a V5/5500, but at a much higher price because of the DDRram and all the extra features on the chip.

this is really hard because i'm on the assumption that the "fusion" is the same thing on both boards (G450 and G800) so what could Matrox have made that could benifit both a high-end user and the mid-range/business user?

[This message has been edited by drzaius (edited 08 August 2000).]
                        no harm, no foul.

Comment

• Take the concept of 3D glasses and implement it with two monitors via DualHead.

BTW, congrats Maggi. I've been on these forums for nearly a year and you're the first person who noted the significance of my name.
                          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

• Couldn't fusion be a hardware DVD accelleration on-chip?
                            that way it makes sense:
                            G450 Fusion : g450 + dvd
                            G800 Fusion : g800 + dvd
                            G800 Fusion Plus : g800 + dvd + high memory speed

Or mayby it's an triplehead
                            PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

• If we take the earlier reference to rearranging "Matrox" and come up with "Xortam", this was posted very recently by him...

PC-DVD delivers progressive scan output. An equivalent stand-alone player would cost over $1000 USD. If you have a high-res display (data-grade FPTV, RPTV, etc.) with a VGA connector, you would clearly see a superior image over that of interlaced output from a common stand-alone DVD player.
                              Several sound cards will pass DD/DTS to an outboard decoder and their is no difference in quality versus a straight HT setup.

This was in relation to a spoof story about "Sigma"

Could add weight to the integrated DVD hardware theory

P3 700Mhz cB0 stepping, G400MAX,Abit BE6-2 RV Bios,Quantum KX 7200 13Gig,256Mb 100SDram,Asuscom ISDN,SCSI 100Mb zip int,SB Live Value,Tosh 6702, HP 9110i.

Comment

• Originally posted by Himself:
                                Make that $100 for the Eye3D glasses from a distributor in the US I just found. The Wired version is $69 but requires a PCI controller, no idea why.
                                Yup, that's what I payed ...

The big diff to those Revelator glasses is that this one is suposed to work with all 3D cards and that it supports OpenGL and D3D !

I admit though that neither Q2 nor Q3 will run with the current set of drivers. Same with Serious Sam, but those are the only OpenGL games that I have, maybe I'll try some OGL bechmarls and see what they look like.
                                I think they use a OGL-2-D3D wrapper for supporting OpenGL, not sure though.

Cheers,
                                Maggi

PS: it's more than just funny to see the over-excitement as soon as three magical letters appear
                                ... NDA ...
                                what a hysteria

PPS: even more funny is how easily everbody can be teased ...

PPPS: did any of you have the idea that we (BBs) might have no clue and that we only add some fuel to the fire of speculations ?

PPPPS: Xortam ... yep, it took me quite a while ...
                                Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                                Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                                be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                                4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                                2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                                OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                                4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                                Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                                Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                                LG BH10LS38
                                LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
                                X